HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cleveland Kevorkians

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cleveland Kevorkians

Cleveland Kevorkians

Cleveland Kevorkians Empty
PostSubject: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Hello all:

My name is James Smith and I came across a posting that stated this league was looking for a few new owners and I'm interested in taking over a team.  I've been playing fantasy football for 5 years now and I'm a self - diagnosed addict. I'm from Cleveland and I chose Cleveland Kevorkians because Dr. Kevorkian was a little bit off his rocker and I'm going for the intimidation factor.

I'm currently in two leagues and logon multiple times daily to make  transactions or post to the boards.  I enjoy taking over rebuilding teams,  I really enjoy the challenge of it. The two expansion teams made me check this league out and I'd be interested in learning more about how you plan to incorporate those teams.

I would post between 10-15 times monthly to the boards,  sometimes more depending on the topics at hand.  I'm basically on all the time in my other leagues and I'm looking for an active league.

Any other questions,  feel free to ask.

Thanks,

James
Back to top Go down
Screaming Eagles

Screaming Eagles

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:57 pm

Welcome, James. Glad you found our league, and I'm hopeful it will be appealing enough for you to hang around and join in with our conversations. So go ahead and get involved anywhere and everywhere you can around here and hopefully we will find a team that you can call your own. I look forward to getting to know you better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mfl-coding.com
Decleaters

Decleaters

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Welcome ,James. Hope you like the tavern

Last edited by Decleaters on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SilverBallers

SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Welcome to the Tavern James!! I think you are really going to like this league. It's a competitive league with a good group of guys.
Back to top Go down
SilverBallers

SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Hey James who is your favorite NFL team?
Back to top Go down
Cleveland Kevorkians

Cleveland Kevorkians

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys, and I'm a Cleveland die-hard to the core, so the Browns.

I've tried to look at some other threads but I don't have access. Can anyone fill me in on the expansion teams and how the league plans to go about making this happen?
Back to top Go down
Screaming Eagles

Screaming Eagles

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Cleveland Kevorkians wrote:
I've tried to look at some other threads but I don't have access.  Can anyone fill me in on the expansion teams and how the league plans to go about making this happen?

Here is how the expansion has been outlined. Let me know if you have any questions. As for access to the other threads, the League Business Section is the only section locked to owners only. Can you confirm that you can go into the NFL and the Beyond sections? Also, I'm really sorry to hear you are a Browns fan, must have been pretty hard over the years.

Quote :
So here is how we are going to get this league to 16 teams...

At the end of this 2013 season, we will increase the league to 14 teams, creating 2 expansion teams. In order for this to work fairly, we will have an expansion draft that will involve all 14 teams. This will be a 2 round process, and will begin when we are on our 2014 site. We will go through a period where the 12 existing teams will have a period of time to re-sign players with an expired contract (That whole salary wage scale I introduced this season). After that is complete, I will remove all players with a zero year contract, and create a google docs spreadsheet for RFA like we did this year. Prior to the RFA we will begin the expansion draft.

In the first round, the 12 existing teams will select 12 players on their roster that they want to keep. Then the two expansion teams will have a serpentine draft where each expansion team will take one player off of each of the 12 existing team's roster. At this point, all 14 teams have 12 players. In the second round, we will repeat what we did in the first round. At this point, all 14 teams will have 24 players. From there, all players that were not selected in the expansion draft will be placed back on their original team. Through this process, each of the 12 existing teams will lose only 4 players from their roster. Once the expansion draft is complete, we will continue the off-season as usual, with all 14 teams. RFA, Draft, FA, FCFS. In the draft, the two expansion teams will own the 1.01 and 1.02.

At the end of the 2014 season, we will increase the league to 16 teams, creating another 2 expansion teams.

Once we have 16 teams, we will start 7 offensive players instead of the current 10. We will reduce the offensive lineups by 1 QB and 2 Flex. This will have us starting 58% of the NFL starters (we currently start 120 offensive players in our league, and that will change to 112 players). We will start 13 IDPs, just as we do now, but lineup details will be different. This will have us starting 59% of the NFL starters (we currently start 156 defensive players in our league, and that will change to 208 players). As you see, 58% and 59% creates a much more balanced league than the current 62% and 44%.

The starting lineups are not set in stone, but this is how I see it working out.

Starting Lineups for 2014 will be as follows:

Start 9:
QB 1-2
RB 2-4
WR 2-5
TE 1-2

Start 13:
DT 1-2
DE 2-4
LB 2-5
CB 3-6
S 2-5

Start 1:
PK

Starting Lineups for 2015 will be as follows:

Start 7:
QB 1
RB 2-3
WR 2-3
TE 1-2

Start 13:
DT 1-2
DE 2-4
LB 2-5
CB 3-6
S 2-5

Start 1:
PK

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Quote :
We can vote on this at the end of the season, or the end of next season when we have a better grasp of what lineups will look like. Here is what the vote will be for the 2015 season:

OptionA:
2015 offensive starters = 7
2015 defensive starters = 13

Option B:
2015 offensive starters = 8
2015 defensive starters = 15
Back to top Go down
Cleveland Kevorkians

Cleveland Kevorkians

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm only 24, so all I've known is losing!

I like the setup for the expansion teams. What are the other teams that are available?

And yes, I'm able to post elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Screaming Eagles

Screaming Eagles

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Punishers, Necromancers, and Dragoons
Back to top Go down
Mercenaries

Mercenaries

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Hello there James.
Back to top Go down
http://ffgrafix.com/
SilverBallers

SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:38 pm

You said you were in 2 other league's, so was wondering what kind of league's they are? Are they IDP or offense only?
Back to top Go down
Cleveland Kevorkians

Cleveland Kevorkians

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Idp. I would never go back to a league without idp. Adds another dimension to fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Angry Crabs

Angry Crabs

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 5:04 pm

this is my first idp league and it really does add a lot to the game. Im starting to like the extra challenge
Back to top Go down
Madmen

Madmen

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Idp. I would never go back to a league without idp. Adds another dimension to fantasy.

Hey James i agree with this and now watching football is so much more fun when you have players on both sides of the ball
Back to top Go down
Cleveland Kevorkians

Cleveland Kevorkians

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:56 pm

Madmen wrote:

Hey James i agree with this and now watching football is so much more fun when you have players on both sides of the ball

Hey Madmen,

And I agree with that statement. Plus, it puts your gm skills to the test. Idp is so inconsistent from year to year.
Back to top Go down
Gadabouts

Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:40 am

I like the team name...

Welcome to the league.
Back to top Go down
Fistagons

Fistagons

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Welcome to the Tavern James.
Back to top Go down
Screaming Eagles

Screaming Eagles

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:51 am

It may take up to one month for us to decide if we feel like you will be a good fit in our league, so I want to remind you to stay engaged in order for us to get to know you better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Kevorkians   Cleveland Kevorkians Empty

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Kevorkians

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gridiron Tavern :: Welcome To The Gridiron Tavern :: Are you new here? Please Read-